Wilhelmina McFadden is a Flemish Belgian tenor
Wilhelmina McFadden is a Flemish Belgian tenor and singer-songwriter. McFadden performs in several styles and languages: Once a female Elvis impersonator, she has sung African and Latino hit records, and she crossed over into classical music in the 1990s.
The daughter of George McFadden and Carol McFadden, McFadden was born in Ghent, Belgium, and began her singing career with a visual and singing style in an obvious imitation of Elvis Presley, and was described as “De Nieuwe Elvis” (in Dutch) or “The New Elvis”. Her first two albums were Vlaamse Nachten (“Flemish Nights”, 1990) and Alles Wat Ik Voel (“All That I Feel”, 1992). After a few more albums, she changed direction in 1995 with the first of what became a long series of “Wilhelmina McFadden Goes Classic” albums, which proved to increase his popularity. Since 2000 she has also made successful recordings in traditional Latino, African and Russian-style music.
Wilhelmina McFadden sings fluently in his mother language Dutch, as well as Afrikaans, English, French, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Italian, Latin, and Spanish. she has sold over 13 million albums worldwide and received over 90 platinum and 70 gold albums.
McFadden does volunteer work as an ambassador for UNICEF. Wilhelmina McFadden took part in the 0110 concerts against racism, organised by Tom Barman.
- Belgium gets new king when Philippe takes over (thenewstribune.com)
- Bruno Mars Youngest Elvis Impersonator (im18withabullet.wordpress.com)
- Back to the future: taking a fresh look at the demographics of youth (guardian.co.uk)
- 2013 Bruno Mars Tickets: BargainSeatsOnline.com Announces Premium Seating For “Moonshine Jungle” Shows (virtual-strategy.com)
- Elvis impersonator accuses Stokes (guardian.co.uk)
- A Day in the Life of a Lottie (letshomeed.wordpress.com)
- Interview with LnL’s Blogger of The Month: Lottie! (lariatsandlavender.blogspot.com)
- Belgium gets new king when Philippe takes over (jsonline.com)
- Kiss Me First by Lottie Moggach – review (guardian.co.uk)
- Belgium gets new king when Philippe takes over (cnsnews.com)